BALD is central Victoria’s local LEGO® User’s Group. The group started as an online Facebook group in August 2014. It had its first real world meeting in Febuary 2015. It has grown from a handful of people to a membership of over 30 active members and a Facebook following of over 518. We have both adult and youth members, and fun, relaxed gatherings.
The easiest way to get involved is to join our Facebook Group
Members contribute to LEGO® displays all around the state. The Bendigo LEGO® User Group (BALD) aims to:
- Provide a creative outlet for AFOLs, TFOLs and others interested in building and designing with LEGO® bricks
- Provide a nurturing environment for LEGO® fans to exchange ideas, compare building techniques and to achieve their building objectives.
- Facilitate and encourage others to develop an interest in hobbies related to the use of LEGO® bricks
- Provide a venue for the discussion of issues related to the use of LEGO® bricks
- Foster a positive community relationship
BALD hopes to achieve these aims by:
- Conducting regular monthly meetings for AFOLs
- Presenting displays at Brickvention, Ringwood Bricks, Queenscliffe Bricks, The Seymour Show, The Bendigo Show, local Model Train shows, Collector Fairs, Pop Culture Expos and at other LEGO® fan events around Australia
- Providing workshops on LEGO® building techniques, using BrickLink, photographing LEGO® and other topics of interest to the AFOL community
- Engaging in online conversation via the BALD Facebook Group